|Compensation:||Commensurate with experience|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding career?
Workplace Resource, the premier office furniture company in south and central Texas, has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant applies advanced knowledge of accounting principles and concepts in support of maintaining & monitoring ledger accounts and generates extensive & detailed financial reports to assist the company’s management in effectively managing the business. Position requires superior computer literacy, superior communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, and the desire to be involved and to manage an extensive number of responsibilities. In addition, position requires experience with subcontract agreements and the payment application process.
- Maintains, monitors and prepares detailed reconciliation of all general ledger & sub-ledger accounts
- Prepares monthly accounting entries and ensures GAAP accuracy of financial results
- Prepares accurate financial statements & other financial / operational reports on a monthly basis
- Provides analysis of financial statements and other business operations
- Performs sales tax processing and ensures proper collection of valid tax exemption certificates
- Prepares and monitors Pay Applications in support of construction subcontract projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least five years of experience in an accounting position in a commercial enterprise
- Thorough understanding of all accounting functions including GL, Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and Inventory Control
- Experience in the preparation of comprehensive financial statements
- Experience in month-end and year-end accounting closing procedures
- Experience in the preparation of Pay Applications in support of subcontract agreements
- Strong Computer literacy and ability in use of programs such as Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and fully integrated business systems
- A demonstrated excellence in judgment and decision making skills
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company paid Disability Ins.
- Voluntary Life & ADD Insurance & Critical Illness
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Wellness Benefits to include discounted Gold's Gym membership